Does this Scene Look Familiar?
Take this self assessment test to see if you answer “yes” or “no” to the following questions:
1. Do you ever drink or use drugs to cover the feelings of loneliness?
2. Do you ever drink or use drugs because you feel that your life is going nowhere?
3. Do you ever drink or use drugs alone?
4. Do you ever drink or use drugs the next morning?
5. Do you ever drink or use drugs to build confidence?
6. Have you ever had black outs or loss of memory?
7. Have you ever had the shakes or withdrawal symptoms?
8. Do you ever feel remorse after drinking or using drugs?
9. Have you ever been seen by a physician for drinking or drug use?
10. Do you ever drink or use drugs to escape worries?
11. Have you ever tried to cut back or limit the amount you drink or use?
12. Have you ever missed work due to drinking or drug use?
13. Do you get argumentative while drinking or using?
14. Do you have problems sleeping?
15. Do you crave a drink or a drug at times?
16. Has your ambition decreased from drinking or drug use?
17. Has your drinking or drug use caused you financial or legal problems?
18. Do you sometimes lose your inhibitions when drinking or using?
19. Do you drink or use drugs because you are shy around others?
20. Does your drinking or drug use cause family problems?
If you answered yes to 2 or more of these self assessment questions you probably have a drinking or drug abuse problem.